My kids love these strawberry Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze. They always return an empty plate. It is undoubtedly a fun variation to the classical salad. The festive red, green and white colors at one place make this twisty salad loved by all.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
The salad is made with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil. It is a favorite for all of us. But when strawberry season is around, you can replace the tomatoes with strawberries. A mouth-watering appetizer!
Today I am sharing the recipe of these strawberry Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze, which is very simple and healthy.
Incredible Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- Additional equipment: 16 6” wooden skewers
- 16 small strawberries washed and cut in half across the width, hull intact
- 32 basil leaves fresh, washed and patted dry
- 16 Ciliegine (mini-Mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle Optional: high-quality
- Thread the top half of one strawberry onto a wooden skewer with the hull facing up. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini-Mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half of the strawberry.
- Repeat Step #1 with the remaining strawberries, basil, and Mozzarella until you have 16 completed skewers. Arrange on a serving platter and set aside.
- To prepare the glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
- Remove glaze from heat and let cool slightly. Drizzle over the skewers, along with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Health benefits of Strawberry Caprese Skewers:
- Strawberry: Strawberries are excellent for the heart, improve blood antioxidant status and remove the harmful oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Strawberries may prove to be beneficial for blood sugar regulation and cancer prevention. Very effective for skincare and delays aging.
- Originally native to Asia and Africa, basil is a rich source of vitamins, promotes blow flow, and is also used in aromatherapy. Its anti-inflammatory property can lower the risk of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. Basil helps cleanse the skin. It keeps your liver healthy and promotes digestion.
- According to a study, Mozzarella may improve gut health, promote immunity, and anti-inflammatory. It can also reduce the risk of respiratory infections.
I hope you like today’s recipe. Color your parties with these strawberry skewers and let me know when you try this recipe by commenting below. I would love to hear from you.
Stay tuned for more recipes!