These steel-cut oat breakfast bowls are so delicious. When I am running out of time to make breakfast, these come in handy for a good morning meal. I enjoy having some recipes that can be cooked quickly and ensure my nutritional requirements. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it fuels up your body. I often heard that you are more likely to make healthy choices throughout the day if you have a healthy breakfast. What can be better than this!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
The steel-cut oat breakfast bowl is top on the list. It is both a simple and inexpensive breakfast that can be seasoned with various toppings. Steel-cut oats are also called pinhead oats and coarse oatmeal, which are the groats of whole oats, chopped into two or three pinhead-sized pieces. Hence the name steel-cut comes from the steel blades. It is a traditional recipe and is chewier with a slightly nutty flavor than other types of oats.
Easy Steel-Cut Oat Breakfast Bowls in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- Spray the Instant Pot cooking container with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting. Set cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- While the oats cook, combine yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir the contents to combine. Transfer the cooked oats to individual serving bowls. Heap the oats a little higher on one side of the bowl and spoon the yogurt mixture onto the other half.
- Arrange the strawberries and blueberries between the two halves for a nice presentation. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
Before jumping onto the recipe, let us read some health benefits of the steel cut oats.
Health benefits of steel-cut oats breakfast bowls
1- Helps to manage cholesterol
It is rich in soluble fibers, which helps to lower blood cholesterol. Oats contain beta-glucan, which helps to bind excess cholesterol within the gut and prevent it from absorbing in the body.
2- Helps to lose weight
Beta-glucan slows down food movement in the digestive track, which makes it feel fuller for longer. Such foods can be beneficial for those trying to lose weight.
3- Prevent constipation
Adding steel-cut oatmeal to your diet can help to relieve and prevent constipation. Make sure to drink plenty of water as well.
4- Help to raise hemoglobin level
Steel-cut oats are rich in iron which can help to increase the hemoglobin level in the blood.
After reading the health benefits, I am sure you will be excited to learn how to cook this steel-cut oats breakfast bowl.