If you want a delicious, light, and healthy sandwich, this recipe is for you! Roast Beef Baguette with Provolone and Horseradish sauce is a great dinner idea when you have had a busy day.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare and is wonderful for leftovers for lunch for your next busy day ahead.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is easy to make, and you will not want to wait until lunchtime.
Moreover, a Roast Beef Baguette is a convenient option for bringing on a picnic and serving on a festive table. So you must try it!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Roast Beef Baguette with Provolone
This tasty sandwich is a healthy dinner idea when you have had a busy day! A tasty roast beef sandwich on French bread, topped with provolone cheese slices, roasted peppers and Horseradish sauce will keep your taste buds happy!
What Type of Bread can be used?
The first thing to decide on is bread. This recipe uses a French Baguette, but you can use several other options. The breads that we would recommend are:
- Rustic Artisan
What Kind of Meat to Use
The next thing is picking the roast beef. If you were an absolute baller, you would roast your prime rib roast and thinly slice.
But we haven’t done so, and most of you won’t be doing that. You’re probably going to purchase it from the deli like we did.
You can choose your beef from several brands, including:
- Boar’s Head
- Greenridge Farm
- Deitz and Watson
Provolone and Horseradish Sauce
This horseradish sauce goes well on various things outside of this Roast Beef Baguette.
So be sure to try it out on other varieties of sandwiches, including turkey, chicken, or ham.
How to Store and Freeze?
The ingredients used in this recipe, unfortunately, will not freeze well. They will get soggy.
For storing them in the fridge, put the toppings, horseradish spread, and bread separately in an airtight container; they will last fresh for up to 1 week.
What Else Can I Put on My Roast Beef Sandwich?
Cheese, onions, lettuce, and tomato slices are always common and solid choices. Take your Roast Beef Baguette with Provolone and Horseradish Sauce to the next level by adding blue cheese!
What To Serve With Roast Beef Sandwiches
Store-bought chips or homemade potato chips are the obvious choices to accompany Roast Beef Baguette. But several salads would fit perfectly with these delicious sandwiches.
You could make a pasta salad, classic potato salad, or cauliflower salad. We suggest you serve it with cucumber salad with creamy Vidalia onion dressing; it would be a delicious match.
You can top off your lunch with a tasty piece of this Best Rich Layered Cake Covered in Sprinkles.
Make-Ahead Roast Beef Baguette
Making the Roast Beef Baguette ahead of time is quick and easy, but do make sure you try to keep away moisture from the baguette.
Wrap them in parchment paper or aluminum foil. If the distance is long, keep all ingredients in separate containers and assemble them before serving.
- 1 large French baguette approximately 26” long
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish sauce, divided
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 slices provolone cheese, non-smoked
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz roast beef thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
- Trim the ends off the baguette and then cut it into 4 equal-sized sections, approximately 6 inches each.
- Cut each section in half, front to back, to create a top and bottom section, as shown in the photos.
- Spread some of the horseradish sauce on the bottom piece of one section.
- Top with one-quarter of the arugula, Provolone cheese, and sliced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and top with two ounces roast beef.
- Complete the sandwich by adding the top section of the baguette.
- Repeat this process three more times with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides or cover tightly with plastic wrap for a quick and easy lunch the next day. Enjoy!
What is the national name for a roast beef sandwich on a baguette served au jus?
Is a roast beef sandwich hot or cold?
What is the best roast beef to buy for sandwiches?
A top loin roast is the best idea. This cut has plenty of flavors, and all of the fat is on the outer area, which you can easily trim off after the meat is cooked.
If you tried Roast Beef Baguette with Provolone and Horseradish Sauce and enjoyed it, please click the stars below to leave a rating.