Looking for a delicious way to use up all that zucchini? Check out this amazing pecan zucchini bread recipe! It’s perfect for summertime, and it’s so easy to make.
You only need a few simple ingredients, and you probably have them all in your kitchen right now. This bread is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it the perfect snack for any time of day.
Plus, this recipe is super easy to follow – you can have fresh, homemade bread in no time at all. So why not give it a try today?
If you’re looking for a delicious way to use up some of your zucchini crops, look no further than this pecan zucchini bread recipe.
This bread is moist and flavorful, with a nutty crunch from the pecans. It’s perfect for a quick snack or breakfast on the go.
Can I use walnuts instead of pecans in zucchini bread?
You can use walnuts in place of pecans in zucchini bread, but the results will be different.
Pecans are a softer nut than walnuts, so their flavor and texture will be altered somewhat in the final product.
Some people prefer the taste of walnut zucchini bread, while others find it too strong.
If you’re looking for a more subtle nut flavor, pecans are the way to go.
Can you make zucchini bread with squash?
Yes, you can make zucchini bread with squash. When substituting squash for zucchini in a recipe, it is important to consider the moisture content of the two vegetables.
Squash is higher in moisture than zucchini, so you may need to reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe.
Tools You Will Need to Make Skewers
In order to make and serve pecan zucchini bread, you will need a few basic tools. These include:
- mixing bowls
- rubber spatula
- vegetable grater
- loaf pans
Tips for Making Pecan Zucchini Bread
• If you don’t have any zucchini on hand, you can also use shredded carrots or apples. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
• If your Zucchini is a larger one, slice it in half horizontally and remove all seeds. You don’t need to peel the Zucchini.
• If you want a more nutty bread, increase the amount of pecan and add one extra tablespoon of oil.
• If you want to add chocolate chips to the recipe, go for it. But chocolate also draws moisture from the bread. So add one extra tablespoon of oil if you are using the chocolate.
How to Store and Keep Pecan Zucchini Bread
You can keep this bread at room temperature in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for 4-5 days.
If you want to freeze it, let it cool down completely. After that, wrap it in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil.
The frozen bread will taste good if you eat it within 2-3 months. Thaw it on the countertop, still wrapped, or in a low oven.
Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below. Be sure to scroll down to print and save the recipe for later.
- butter, eggs, and vegetable oil
- sugar and brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- cinnamon, allspice, and salt
- baking soda and baking powder
Making Pecan Zucchini Bread
Preheat the oven and grease two loaf pans.
Mix wet ingredients in large bowl until just blended.
Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix to combine.
Add zucchini and pecans to the batter.
Divide the batter between two prepared loaf pans and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with remaining pecans. Return to oven for another 30 minutes.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, you don’t want to miss the recipes I’ve shared below. They’re great alternatives to the Pecan Zucchini Bread featured here.
- Easy Cake Mix Recipes: Zucchini Bread
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Fig Zucchini Bread
- Sweet Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
Let’s Sum Up
Do you have any tips for making great zucchini bread? Share them in the comments below! Thanks for reading.
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp real vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 ¼ cups pecans; roughly chopped and divided
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 325°F. Generously grease two 9-inch loaf pans with butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract just until blended.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, a little at a time, and mix to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as needed, to make sure the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the batter.
- Add the shredded zucchini and one cup pecans to the mixing bowl and fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans and place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining pecans on top of each pan.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes before checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of each loaf. If necessary, continue baking until the toothpick comes out clean. (Depending on how much moisture is in the zucchini, it may take an hour or slightly longer for the loaves to finish baking).
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes. When cool enough to handle, transfer the loaves to a wire rack or cutting board. Slice and serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap once cooled and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
This recipe was tested at both 325°F and 350°F. At the higher temperature, the outside developed a really nice golden-brown crust long before the inside was baked through. Toward the end, the loaves needed to be covered with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. For best results, use the lower temperature and adjust your bake time as noted below.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g