You most likely have cooked Asian Beef and rice into your cooker in a traditional way. Today I want to share with you a recipe on how to cook this Asian Beef and rice using an instant pot.
Since the instant pot has been around, frankly speaking, I am addicted to it. I always want to cook everything in it literally. The reason is I do not have to wait for very long or keep an eye on it, you can make Asian Beef and rice in a slow cooker as well. It is entirely your choice, but the adjustments would be different.
Here we are only discussing the recipe using an Instant Pot.
So let’s check out the recipe.
Easy to Prepare Instant Pot Asian Beef and Rice
- Instant Pot
- 3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or coconut amino
- ¼ cup sesame oil divided
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs stew beef cubed
- 1¼ cup beef broth or water
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the beef cubes into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal and gently turn the bag to thoroughly coat the beef. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator overnight. Turn bag occasionally for even distribution of the marinade.
- To prepare, add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Adjust the heat setting to high. Once hot, transfer the beef cubes to the Instant Pot and discard the remaining marinade. Brown the beef on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the beef broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the container.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add brown rice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add lid and securely lock. Flip the pressure value to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust setting to high and set cook time for 22 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- I used fine pieces of strawberry, cucumber, and basil leaves. You can also add some vegetables.
Make your dream sides. Let your creativity come out!
Marinate the Beef or any meat overnight. It is the best option because it develops more flavor.
The slow cooker option takes a lot of time. I suggest you try this Instant pot recipe. I am sure you will not regret it! Beef is a rich source of protein, and rice, being carbohydrate, gives instant energy.
Do try this healthy and luscious Instant pot Asian beef and rice recipe, and I am looking forward to hearing about your experience.
Stay tuned for more recipes!
If you are looking for a special dessert recipe try this great recipe for LIP SMACKIN’ MINI CHERRY GARCIA CHEESECAKES RECIPE.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.