Beat the heat this summer with a refreshing frozen watermelon slush! This recipe is perfect for a summer drink and you don’t need any alcohol to enjoy it.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover watermelon from your barbecue or party. So, next time you’re looking for a refreshing and cooling drink, give this watermelon slushie a try!
When the temperatures start to rise, refreshing summer drinks are a must! Whether you’re looking for something to cool down with after a workout or something to enjoy at a barbecue, these watermelon slushies are perfect.
They’re refreshing, alcohol-free, and easy to make. So, next time you’re looking for a summer drink, give this recipe a try!
What are some creative ways to use leftover watermelon?
Watermelon is such a summer staple – it’s refreshing, juicy, and perfect for picnics or days spent at the beach.
But what do you do with all that leftover watermelon once the party’s over? Here are a few creative ideas to help you use up every last bite.
One easy way to enjoy leftover watermelon is to turn it into a delicious watermelon smoothie. Simply blend together watermelon, yogurt, and your favorite fruits and vegetables. You can even add a little mint or lemon for an extra zing. If you’re feeling really creative, try freezing your smoothie ingredients overnight for a delicious summer treat.
Watermelon can also be used in savory dishes – it pairs especially well with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar. Simply chop up your watermelon into bite-sized pieces and mix with crumbled feta and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Add some chopped fresh herbs like basil or mint, and you’ve got yourself a summer salad that’s sure to impress.
So next time you find yourself with leftover watermelon, don’t let it go to waste – get creative and enjoy!
How to find a ripe watermelon
You don’t want to make this watermelon drink with an unripe watermelon. No amount of sugar will make up for the lack of taste an unripe watermelon has.
When it comes to choosing a ripe watermelon, there are a few things to keep in mind:
• First of all, you’ll want to make sure that the watermelon is firm and free of bruises or dents.
• Second, you’ll want to check the color. A ripe watermelon should be deep green with faint stripes.
• Finally, you’ll want to give the watermelon a tap. If it sounds hollow, then it’s ripe and ready to eat!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to choose a delicious watermelon every time.
Refreshing Summer Drinks
As the mercury rises, the last thing you want is a hot, heavy drink. To beat the heat, try one of these refreshing summer drinks instead.
For something fruity, mix up a pitcher of sangria or build your own custom mocktail with your choice of fruits, juices and sparkling water.
If you’re craving something creamy, try a frozen cappuccino or frappe. Or, if you’re in the mood for something boozy, go for a refreshing cocktail like a mojito, daiquiri or gin and tonic.
Whatever your poison,Beat the heat with one of these refreshing summer drinks. Cheers!
- Blueberry Maple Lemonade
- How to Make an Arnold Palmer
- Frozen Mango Slush
- Lemon Basil Mint Spritzer
- Layered Red White and Blue Drink
Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below. Be sure to scroll down to print and save the recipe for later.
- seedless watermelon
- Tazo Passion Tea or water
- vodka (optional)
Step 1: Add frozen watermelon, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, honey, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender.
Step 2: Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
Step 4: Pour watermelon mixture into four chilled glasses.
Step 5: Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Optional: Top each with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka before garnishing, if desired.
Beat the heat this summer with a frozen watermelon slush. This drink is refreshing, delicious, and alcohol free! What’s not to love? Give it a try today!
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks and frozen
- 2 cups chilled brewed Tazo Passion tea (or water)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey, preferably local
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 6-8 large ice cubes (optional)
- 4-6 oz premium vodka (optional)
- sprigs of mint (optional)
- Add frozen watermelon, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, honey, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour watermelon mixture into four chilled glasses.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately.
Optional: Top each glass with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka before garnishing, if desired.
Although it is optional, Tazo® Passion® tea greatly enhances the flavor of this recipe when compared to using plain water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g