Summer is the perfect time for a refreshing drink, and this frozen mango slush is just the thing.
Mixing together fresh mango, fruit juice, and ice cubes makes a delicious drink that you can customize to your liking.
Add a little vodka or rum if you want something alcoholic, or make it non-alcoholic by replacing the liquor with more juice.
Either way, this frozen drink is sure to cool you down on a hot day. Enjoy!
It’s summertime and that means hot weather, sun, and lots of refreshing drinks to cool down.
Here’s a recipe for a delicious frozen mango slush drink that you can make at home with just a few ingredients.
It’s perfect for a summer party or anytime you need a refreshing break from the heat! Enjoy!
How do you make a slushy without a blender?
There are a few ways to make a slushy without a blender. One way is to put your drink of choice in the freezer for a few hours, then take it out and stir it vigorously.
Another way is to put your drink in a ziplock bag, then place that bag in another ziplock bag filled with ice. Once the drink is frozen solid, take it out and beat it with a rolling pin until it reaches the desired consistency.
You can also put your drink in an ice cream maker and churn it until it’s slushy. Whichever method you choose, making a slushy without a blender is easy – and delicious!
Can you use frozen mango instead of fresh?
Making a slush is a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. While you can use fresh mango to make a slush, using frozen mango can help to create a thicker, more refreshing drink.
Simply place the frozen mango in a blender with some ice and water, and blend until smooth.
Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below. Be sure to scroll down to print and save the recipe for later.
- fresh (or frozen) mango
- fresh lime
- fresh orange
- fresh rosemary
Step 1: Add fresh or frozen mango slices, lime juice, orange juice, and water to the blender and pulse to combine.
Step 2: Add ice and pulse it for a few seconds until the ice is crushed into small pieces. Do not over blend.
Step 3: Meanwhile, prepare garnish by threading mango cubes onto rosemary spears and setting them aside.
Step 4: Pour the blended mango into serving glasses and garnish it with rosemary mango spears. Serve it immediately and enjoy!
Mango Slush Variations
• You can add few ounces of tequila, rum, or vodka when preparing for adults.
• Add a pinch of salt, sugar, and red chili powder each, to a plate. Apply lime juice over the edges of the glass. Dip the edge into salt, sugar, and chili mixture to let it stick to the glass. It will give an extra taste to your slushy.
• You can also freeze this slushy into molds and enjoy it as a popsicle too!
Do try this flavor-bursting frozen mango slush drink and comment below to share your experience. Also, let me know if you have any questions.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (or 2.5 cups frozen mango)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 8-10 large ice cubes
- 4 short fresh rosemary spears, bottom leaves removed
- 12 small mango chunks, fresh
For an Alcoholic Version
- 4 oz. tequila, rum, or vodka
- Prepare the garnish by threading mango cubes onto fresh rosemary spears. Set aside.
- Add mango, lime juice, orange juice, and water to a blender. Pulse to combine. Add alcohol for an adult version, if desired.
- Add ice and pulse for a few seconds, just until the ice is crushed into small pieces. Do not over-blend.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with rosemary-mango spears.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 883Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 189gFiber: 23gSugar: 165gProtein: 11g