After a hectic winter, a frozen mango slushy is just what summer has ordered, and I love smoothies. Summer comes along with many fruits, and the best way to enjoy them in smoothies. Among summer fruits, mango is one of my favorite fruits. I think summer would be incomplete without enjoying delicious mango slices.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
To enjoy it differently, today I am sharing 5 minutes frozen mango slushy drink recipe.
Before heading to the recipe, let me share with you some health benefits of mango.
- High in antioxidants Mangoes contain polyphenol antioxidants which protect the cell against free radical damage.
- Immunity booster Mango is a rich source of vitamins that aids in boosting immunity.
- Healthy heart Mango contains magnesium and potassium, which promotes lower blood pressure.
- Improves digestion It contains the digestive enzyme amylase, which helps the digestive system. It also has plenty of dietary fibers and water that can solve constipation and diarrhea.
- Eye Health It contains vitamin A which is beneficial for eye health.
- Promotes hair and skin health Mango is rich in vitamin C, which promotes hair and skin health.
I am sure, now you have got more reason to add it to your summer routine. Let us now learn to make frozen mango slushy drink in just a few minutes.
- Two ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (or 2½ c. frozen mango)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-10 large ice cubes
1-Add fresh or frozen mango slices, lime juice, orange juice, and water to the blender and pulse to combine.
2-Add ice and pulse it for few seconds until the ice is crushed into small pieces. Do not over blend.
3- Meanwhile, prepare garnish by threading mango cubes onto rosemary spears and set aside.
4- Pour the blended mango into serving glasses and garnish it with rosemary mango spears. Serve it immediately and enjoy!
4 short fresh rosemary spears, bottom leaves removed
12 small fresh mango chunks
- You can also add few ounces of tequila when preparing for adults.
- Add a pinch of salt, sugar, and red chili powder each, to a plate. Apply lime juice over the edges of the glass. Dip the edge into salt, sugar, and chili mixture to let it stick to the glass. It will give an extra taste to your slushy.
- You can also freeze this slushy into molds and enjoy it as a popsicle too!
There is no reason to have to purchase a slushy from a local business when you can have it at home. This healthy, natural, and full of taste and nutrients.
If you are looking for an alcoholic variation how about a margarita?
For Frozen Mango Slushy Margaritas:
4 oz. 100% agave tequila
- Prepare garnish by threading mango cubes onto fresh rosemary spears and set aside.
- Add fresh or frozen mango, lime juice, orange juice, and water to a blender and pulse to combine. For an adults-only variation, add four ounces of tequila, as well.
- Add ice and pulse for a few seconds, just until the ice is crushed into small pieces. Do not over-blend.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with rosemary-mango spears. Serve immediately and enjoy!
A famous quote comes to mind.
“Wisdom is in yourself, just like a sweet ripe mango is already in a young green one.”
Do try this flavor-bursting frozen mango slushy drink and comment below to share your experience. Also, let me know if you have any questions.
Here is to a happy summer!
A wonderful complimentary dessert to go with the smoothies is this UNIQUE LEMON OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE