After a long winter, grilling season arrived. Now it’s the best time to make Extra Juicy Grilled Burgers with Bleu Cheese and Avocado.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Items I used For This Recipe
Having tasted this masterpiece of American culinary art at least once, you will probably no longer want to spend a lot of money on nondescript store-bought burgers. After all, hand-molded beef cutlet and other high-quality ingredients can be selected according to your mood and taste. If all the ingredients are on hand, then it will take no more than half an hour to prepare such a dish. Not a complicated, bright grilled burger will stick in your memory for a long time.
Some Useful Tips About these Grilled Burgers
- If desired, you can add sweet bell peppers and any greens to the Grilled Burger.
- if you have quality buns and quality beef, it will be especially tasty
- For the best taste, choose ground meat with higher fat content.
- It is suggested to pick regular ground beef instead of ground round, ground chuck, or ground sirloin.
- You can use any type of grill you have.
- Don’t press the burgers down with the help of spatula. This will dry the buns, and it’s completely unnecessary.
How to store?
Serve great burgers with beef and bleu cheese sauce as soon as possible while they are hot. But if you have leftovers, wrap each burger individually in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can reheat them in the oven or microwave.
How Long Should You Cook These Tasty Grilled Burgers?
Cooking time depends on the desired level of doneness, so check after 4-5 minutes and adjust the fin cook time accordingly. It’s necessary not to overwork the meat because it may become tough. When it comes to grilling buns, sometimes less is more.
Can I replace bleu cheese?
If you don’t like the bleu cheese in this recipe, you can replace it with a slice of the more familiar semi-hard cheese. Although from such a replacement, the taste as a whole, of course, will lose. But some best substitutes are feta, goat cheese, or sharp Cheddar cheese.
What to serve with these juicy grilled burgers?
These burgers can be served with very easy-to-prepare French fries baked in the oven with a minimum amount of oil, dessert drink. You can also make a classic milkshake with ice cream and fruit syrup in a blender to serve with these burgers. Super Juicy Grilled Burgers with Bleu Cheese and Avocado can change the way you think about this traditional fast food dish and earn top marks from even the most discerning tasters!
How do you ripen your avocados if they aren’t ready when you purchase them?
If you find your avocados aren’t quite ripe when you get home put them either in a dark cupboard or a small brown paper bag.
What is the easiest way to get the pit out of my avocado?
It is found that the easiest way to get the pit out is to first cut the avocado in half. Next, you can cut a small slice from the top of the avocado to the top of the pit. Then from the bottom of the avocado to the bottom of the pit. Lastly from one side of the avocado to the pit and the same for the other side of the pit to the other side of the avocado. This then makes it very easy to take a spoon and carefully take the pit out without hurting yourself.
What if my supermarket does not have avocados?
Most supermarkets in the vegetable area have a section that has prepackaged salsa, guacamole, and plain smooshed (smashed-up avocado). This also works to use as a spread instead of avocado slices if needed.
Can I use guacamole instead of plain avocado?
The answer is of course! Just remember that guacamole comes in different flavors. These are usually mild, medium, hot, and extra spicy. So keep this in mind, especially if you are having guests over to have your juicy grilled burgers.
Let’s Sum Up
Try this simple recipe for burgers with beef and blue cheese sauce, and you will have a delicious and very satisfying dish that will appeal to all children and adults alike. I am sure that the most ardent adherents of fast food will be happy to have a real feast with their families on the weekend, and even without leaving home for this.
Do you like the recipe? Share with your friends. And don’t forget to follow us on our social media platforms.
Extra Juicy Grilled Burgers with Avocado and Bleu Cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef regular
- 1 pound pork sausage ground sweet Italian
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup white onion very finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic very finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary stems removed and leaves finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bleu cheese crumbled
- 8 hamburger buns lightly toasted*
- Leaf lettuce
- Tomato sliced
- Avocado sliced
- Clean grill grates and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to high.
- Add ground beef, sausage, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, and rosemary to a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and combine thoroughly. Make sure both types of meat and all seasonings are completely incorporated throughout the mixture.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 equal parts and shape each part into ¾-inch thick patties. Place patties on a lined tray and use your thumb to create an indent in the middle to keep them from puffing up while cooking.
- Place patties over direct, high heat on your grill and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Tip: Actual cooking time will depend on desired level of doneness, so check after 4-5 minutes and adjust final cook time accordingly. (According to the USDA, the safe internal temperature for ground beef and pork is 160°F. Use an instant read thermometer to confirm).
- Flip and move burgers to indirect heat 2-3 minutes before they are done. Top with blue cheese and close lid to allow cheese to melt completely.
- Transfer burgers to a platter and serve immediately on toasted hamburger buns and topped with lettuce, tomato, and avocado slices.
*To toast buns, brush the inside surface of each bun with the melted butter and place over indirect heat while the burgers are cooking.