Looking for a tasty summer salad? This watermelon feta salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
The lime cilantro vinaigrette gives it a delicious zing, and the combination of juicy watermelon and salty feta is irresistible.
You’ll love this easy-to-follow recipe – it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. So why not give it a try today?
You can easily make this salad ahead of time – just store the dressing separately until you’re ready to serve.
It also travels well, so you can take it with you on picnics or outdoor gatherings.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
This salad isn’t difficult to make, but you do want to plan ahead to be sure you have all the ingredients you need before you get started.
Waterlemon is a summer staple, and this recipe is a great way to use up leftover watermelon before it goes bad.
You can make this salad in just minutes, and it’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family. So why not give it a try today?
What Can You Serve with this Watermelon Feta Salad?
Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette pairs well with whatever you’re grilling like juicy grilled burgers.
Moreover, it is also good with picnic sandwiches like grilled chicken & Brie paninis.
If you have extra watermelon, make watermelon margaritas!
Can I Make this salad ahead of time?
This tasty summer salad tastes best when fresh. If you need to make it ahead of time, you can peel and cube the watermelon and prepare the other ingredients.
Then store each ingredient in the fridge in separate containers. Simply mix all ingredients and add the dressing just a few minutes before serving.
How to store this salad?
Watermelon has high water content, so this is not a salad that sits well for a long time. We suggest you make and serve it right away.
However, if you have some leftovers, you can store them in a tight-lid glass container for a night or two but always test before serving.
Can you make this salad without Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette?
Yes, you can! This salad tastes great with just watermelon, fresh arugula, and cheese.
You can totally skip adding the dressing and or add some honey, pepper, and salt, before serving.
Some Useful Tips
• You can also add nuts to taste, for example, almonds or pistachios, seeds, or a little greens.
• Remember that cheese and watermelon must be cold.
• If possible, prepare the lime-cilantro vinaigrette in advance to give the flavors a chance to develop.
• You can also substitute strawberries for the watermelon.
• If you would like additional vegetables, you can add red onion or cucumber.
To Sum Things Up
This salad is an easy-to-prepare and healthy dish for a summer meal. Very simple and refreshing.
Next time you have a juicy watermelon, give this salad a try and I promise it will change the way you look at watermelons forever.
If you tried this watermelon salad recipe, then share your experience in the comment box. We would love to hear from you!
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 small seedless watermelons, chilled, cut in half
- 4 oz Feta cheese, cut small
- 4 cups arugula
- To prepare the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a medium glass bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and set aside.
- Cut watermelons in half, then carefully remove and reserve the flesh in a large bowl. (Cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, if necessary).
- Pat each empty watermelon rind inside with a paper towel to dry. Set aside to use as serving bowls for the finished salad.
- Add Feta cheese and arugula to the bowl with the watermelon. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the watermelon-Feta mixture to the reserved watermelon rinds and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro if desired.
If possible, prepare the lime-cilantro vinaigrette in advance to give the flavors a chance to develop.