The best Crispy Zucchini Fries in the oven with Marinara Sauce. Very crispy and delicious!
Zucchini fries with almond flour instead of bread crumbs are a very light and tasty dish. This is a great alternative to the store fries. Zucchini, cooked according to this recipe, turn out delicious, tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside. The Marinara sauce will enhance the flavor of the fries. These fries are a great alternative to fried potatoes. So, this dish will definitely appeal to both adults and children, and its crisp crust beckons you to take another stick and eat it.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Some Useful Tips When Making Zucchini Fries
- This recipe is based on zucchini, but you can bake eggplant, zucchini, pumpkin, or carrots in the same way.
- We spread zucchini at a short distance from each other so that it is convenient to turn it over to the other side during baking.
- The zucchini must be cut in half or into three parts. It all depends on their size. You should be guided by the fact that, on average, the length of the zucchini fries should be like your finger.
- Zucchini slices can be deep-fried if desired, but they also turn out to be very crispy in the oven.
- Use parchment or a silicone baking mat to prevent the zucchini from sticking to the baking sheet.
- You can make this recipe in an air fryer as well.
How to Serve these Delicious Zucchini Fries?
Serve Crispy Zucchini Fries with meat and salad as desired for lunch or as a light dinner with Marinara Sauce. You can serve some other sauces as well, such as:
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
Do you peel zucchini before slicing it?
No. It is not recommended to peel zucchini before slicing. It is preferred to leave the skin on the zucchini for a crispier texture. If you don’t like the skin, you can peel it.
Easy Homemade Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce
Zucchini Fries Ingredients
- ½ cup almond flour (or coconut)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 small zucchini firm, halved and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
Marinara Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 8oz crushed tomatoes canned
- ¼ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place a metal rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a pie pan or shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a second pie pan or shallow bowl, gently whisk together the eggs and water until frothy and set aside.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese to a third bowl and set aside.
- Dredge zucchini pieces in the seasoned almond flour before dipping into the egg mixture. Allow excess egg to drain off each piece before transferring to the bowl with the Parmesan cheese. Turn to evenly coat each piece of zucchini before transferring to the prepared rack. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and roast until golden and crisp, around 20-25 minutes. Flip the fries once halfway through the cooking time.
- While the zucchini is roasting, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant, around 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and add the crushed tomatoes and cook until bubbly and slightly reduced, around 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil and parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- When ready, remove zucchini fries from oven and serve immediately with herbed marinara sauce. Enjoy!
How to make zucchini fries crispy?
- The first rule is to select the smaller zucchini because the smaller the zucchini, the crispier it will get.
- Completely dry the zucchini after washing. Use a paper towel for this purpose.
- Make thin slices and don’t remove the skin.
How to Store, Freeze, And Reheat Zucchini Fries?
Place the zucchini fries in layers separated by parchment paper in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for more than 2 days. You can also freeze the fries by placing them in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
When you want to reheat the zucchini fries simply preheat the oven to 400°F for 5 minutes. After that, place the fries in the oven and let them heat up and crisp for 8 additional minutes. If you have frozen fries, thaw them for at least 2 hours before heating them.
You can also freeze Marinara Sauce in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
Health benefits of Zucchini Fries
Nutritionists recommend regular zucchini consumption. It is especially beneficial to eat them in season: the price of these vegetable decreases, while the quality, on the contrary, increases.
The zucchini fries made with this recipe are a much healthier alternative to French fries. Zucchini has much less oil and is less starchy. These low-carb crispy zucchini fries will be much healthier and contain fewer calories (100 g only 110 calories), and they will be a great addition to your regular menu.
Let’s Sum Up
You will definitely love the Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce. It is important that cooking them is not at all difficult and not at all long. A great quick solution.
Stay with us on our site, where you can find delicious recipes for snacks for every day and for any occasion. Cook with love and you will be in a great mood.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.