There’s nothing like fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries to start your day! The combination of cream cheese and fresh berries gives the pancakes a delicate taste. These pancakes are perfect for breakfast when you need to prepare something extraordinary or an interesting dish on a festive table. Try to cook and you will be able to feel all the tenderness of the taste and the preparation will not take much time.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Griddle that is used in this recipe that you can find on Amazon
Some Useful Tips on Making Cream Cheese Pancakes
- You can also use cottage cheese if the cream cheese is not available.
- It is suggested to keep the batter loose because it will result in extra soft fluffy pancakes.
- Let the batter rest for 8-10 minutes before cooking. In this way, the batter will be settled and have a lighter consistency.
- If you don’t have powdered monk fruit, you can sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Use room temperature ingredients because it will give you a well-balanced batter.
- Wash your berries and dry them before serving.
Can I make these pancakes ahead of time?
If you don’t have time in the mornings but you still want to enjoy these pancakes for breakfast, you can make the batter in the evening and refrigerate in an airtight container. Just cook the pancakes in the morning and serve them with fresh berries. Or you can cook in advance, put it in the refrigerator overnight, warm it up in a pan with some butter or margarine in the morning and serve.
How to and how long can I freeze these cream cheese pancakes?
The beauty of cream cheese pancakes is that they are 100% freezer-friendly. You can store them in a zip-lock bag but put a small sheet of wax paper between each pancake. These frozen pancakes taste good if used within 2 months.
Can I use frozen berries?
You can use any berry to taste. Berries are not available in some seasons. In this situation, you can substitute for a frozen one. No one wants watery berries so, if you are using frozen berries, defrost them and drain all the liquid.
How do I stop the pancakes from burning?
Cook the pancakes over medium heat. If the pan is extra hot, it will burn before cooking through. To test the heat of the pan, add a few drops of water to the pan, if they sizzle, the pan is hot. Depending on your stovetop you may find your heat needs to be lowered in order to find the right temperature for your cooking needs.
Why aren’t my pancakes fluffy?
Don’t over mix your batter because it can result in chewy pancakes instead of fluffy and light. Here we will suggest you mix the batter to incorporate all of the ingredients together.
You can also add vinegar and baking soda to the pancake batter for making fluffy pancakes. Remember that these two ingredients combine and help “fluff up” the pancakes and you will not taste the vinegar at all.
- This recipe was prepared with this cast iron 2-sided grill which is show in the upper area of this post. You can see the image plus a link to Amazon where you can purchase it.
- If you do not own the 2-sided grill, any large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet could also be used for this recipe.
- Just so you know the batter for this recipe is relatively thin, so you may find smaller pancakes will be easier to flip.
Let’s Sum Up
Such elegant pancakes with soft cream cheese and fresh berries will become a real decoration of the festive table. Treat yourself and your loved ones with these pancakes. After eating your guests will truly appreciate your culinary skills and many will even ask for a recipe.
If you tried the recipe, share your experience in the comment box. And don’t forget to follow us on our social media platforms!
Luscious Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries
- 1 Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Single-Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle, 10.5-inch
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 1 cup strawberries fresh, sliced
- 2 tbsps monk fruit optional, powdered
- real maple syrup to serve
- Add cream cheese, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a high-powered blender.
- Cover and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add ½ tablespoon olive oil to griddle and spread around with a rubber spatula.
- Pour 3 small pancakes onto the griddle (approximately 2-3 tablespoons each), leaving enough space in between so they don’t run together.
- Cook until the edges just begin to turn brown and the pancakes are set, approximately 3-4 minutes.