Looking for a delicious and easy way to make the best Instant Pot baby back ribs you’ll ever eat? Look no further!
There’s nothing like the taste of barbecued ribs, and if you have an Instant Pot, you can make them right at home!
In just a few simple steps, you can have tender and flavorful ribs that are perfect for any occasion.
It will be hard to forget the tender taste of these baby back ribs! Our dark cherry BBQ sauce topped it off perfectly.
It has become one of my favorite dishes. I thought It would be perfect to share the recipe with you guys. The recipe is quick and easy.
Why are they called baby back ribs?
The term “baby back ribs” typically refers to the pork ribs that come from the loin of the pig.
These ribs are shorter and leaner than other ribs on the pig, and they are also the most tender.
Why are my ribs tough in the Instant Pot?
If your baby back ribs are too large or too thick, the Instant Pot cooking time won’t be sufficient and the ribs will turn out tough.
Buy racks weighing about 1.5-2 pounds each. You’ll also need to cut the slab in half before loading it into the Instant Pot
Best Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below. Be sure to scroll down to print and save the recipe for later.
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- dried rosemary
- ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- smoked paprika
- baby back ribs
- beef stock
Overview of What You’ll Do
Exact times and measurements can be found in the recipe card below. Be sure to scroll down to print and save the recipe for later.
Step one: Make the dry rub in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step two: Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Cut the ribs into 3-4 parts and coat with the dry rub. Set aside.
Step three: Add liquids to the Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the ribs in the Instant Pot.
Step four: Lock the lid in place, and seal the pressure valve. Set the “manual” setting and start cooking.
Step five: Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
Step six: When the ribs are done cooking, vent the steam. Transfer the ribs to the baking sheet and coat with barbecue sauce.
Step seven: Broil the ribs until nicely browned. Cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce.
If you’re in need of a quick and easy dinner, this Instant Pot recipe is perfect for you!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a hearty home-cooked meal on the table in no time.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Instant Pot baby back ribs are the perfect easy dish for a summer BBQ!
They're tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Plus, they cook in just minutes using the instant pot.
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ to 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 1 c beef stock or water
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary.
- Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other.)
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to "sealing". Set the "manual" setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release by flipping the sealing valve to the "venting" position.
- Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Preheat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions.
- Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
See the recipe for our Homemade Dark Cherry BBQ sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2379Total Fat: 159gSaturated Fat: 58gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 95gCholesterol: 618mgSodium: 2243mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 172g
These ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender and so delicious, you’ll never want to make them any other way.
If you’ve made this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments. And if you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes, be sure to check out our website for tons of ideas that will have dinner on your table in no time.