It will be hard to forget the tender taste of the BEST baby back ribs I have made. The dark cherry BBQ sauce topped it off perfectly. It has become one of my favorite dishes. I thought It would be perfect to share the recipe with you guys. The recipe is quick and easy.
Why are They Called Baby Back Ribs?
You might be wondering why these are called baby back ribs? The answer to your question is that these are the parts of ribs attached to the backbone beneath loin muscles. They are called babies as they are shorter than spareribs. Shorter but more tender and leaner.
Below you will find out just how to make these incredible, melt in your mouth Instant Pot baby back ribs with dark cherry BBQ sauce.
The BEST Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2½ to 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce or any other BBQ sauce of choice
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
Homemade Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
This flavor-packed BBQ sauce combines the natural sweetness of cherries and maple syrup with the welcoming warmth of ginger, cinnamon, and rosemary.
To give an extra flavor to your dishes, dipping sauces are the best. Today I am sharing with you a Homemade Dark Cherry BBQ sauce recipe.
I know using synthetic sauces with chemicals is not always what you want. To ensure the taste and purity of ingredients, the best option is to make them at home. I assure you once you start making dark cherry BBQ sauce at home, you will forget the market one.
You can pair up this sauce with various meals such as Instant pot baby back lamb BBQ or any other grilled meal.
It will give you finger-licking goodness and is very easy to make.
For best results, prepare this recipe one or two days in advance. Although it can be enjoyed immediately, this sauce really comes into its own when the flavors are given time to fully develop.
So, let’s check out the complete recipe for homemade dark cherry BBQ sauce.
Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 2½ cups dark cherries fresh or frozen pitted
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, with liquid
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tsp liquid smoke optional
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” function on the high temperature setting. Add shallot and garlic and sauté until soft and slightly golden, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add remaining ingredients, including the liquid from the tomatoes and the liquid smoke, if using. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add lid and lock into place. Make sure the valve is set to the “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting to high for 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release (QR) of the pressure according to the manufacturer’s suggestions before unlocking and removing the lid.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
I am sure you liked the recipe. I am always looking forward to hearing about your experience. If you have tried this, do share how it turned out. Also if you tried a different kind of sauce let us know that also.
Stay tuned for the next recipes! If you need a dessert idea try this The Easiest Wicked Whiskey Bundt Cake Recipe.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.