This summer, don’t miss the best chicken salad with strawberries, feta, and pecans! This easy chicken salad recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner.
If you’re planning to have company over, this simple chicken recipe is guaranteed not only to be impressive but also filling.
The flavors are perfectly balanced, which means that there isn’t any one flavor dominating over the other ingredients in here! There’s also all sorts of beneficial nutrients inside – who wouldn’t want those?
Looking for a delicious and healthy summer recipe that won’t heat up the kitchen? This chicken in this summer salad is prepared in the Instant Pot while the rest of the ingredients are fresh.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, and Pecans
To prepare the salad, you’ll cook the chicken in the Instant Pot. While the chicken cooks, prepare the homemade dressing. Add mixed greens, fruit, nuts, and cheese.
You’re all set to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal with your family and friends. If you’re looking for another recipe to try, check out my grilled chicken and brie panini with peach compote.
How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot?
Need to make this at the last minute? No time to thaw the chicken before dinner? Can you still prepare this dish in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can! You’ll just need to adjust the cook time in order for the chicken breast to cook properly. If you are using frozen chicken, increase the cook time by 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165ºF.
How to store fresh salad?
It is suggested to consume fresh salad. Don’t leave it at room temperature for more than 4-5 hours.
Without strawberries, you can keep the salad for several days in the fridge. The strawberries, however, will lose their crunch and texture. If you have added strawberries to your salad, you can store it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Some Useful Tips
- You can omit the strawberries and add grapes, diced apples, dried cranberries, or fresh/dried cherries.
- You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- You can also grate Parmesan cheese if you don’t want feta cheese.
This is a simple and low-calorie chicken salad with fruits. The chicken is a great source of protein. In addition, strawberries in the salad are a source of vitamin C and antioxidants. Pecans are a good source of calcium and magnesium.
Make it a Meal
This salad can be served as a side dish, but you can turn it into a meal. here are a few ideas for you:
- Chicken Salad Wrap: Turn it into a wrap with flour tortillas.
- Chicken Salad Sandwich: Another interesting way to serve this salad is to stuff it between bread with layers of spinach, lettuce, or tomato slices.
- Chicken Salad Lettuce Wrap: Those on a low-carb diet can use butter leaf lettuce or large romaine to wrap it.
Best Summer Salad Recipes
If you’ve enjoyed this delicious summer salad, I’ve gathered up some of my favorite salad recipes and have listed them below. They’ll all perfect for summer!
Make a batch of bacon cheddar ranch potato salad for your summer barbecues and picnics.
Broccoli pasta salad is sure to be a hit with those who enjoy cold pasta salads on a hot summer day.
Watermelon feta salad is the perfect combination of flavors for your summer gatherings.
If you’ve got an abundance of tomatoes in your summer garden, don’t miss this fresh tomato salad.
If you try this chicken salad recipe, be sure to let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate it!
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 9 oz mixed green
- 2 oz feta cheese cut into bite size pieces
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
1. Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function.
2. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts.
3. Season chicken on both sides with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
5. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside.
6. Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping with a rubber spatula.
7. Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.”
8. Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 8 minutes.
9. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
10. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
11. Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
12. Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans. Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172